Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Thai Stir-Fry with Peanut Sauce

This was pretty good, but I think I will still search for a different thai sauce. I just like other sauces better than peanut. I LOVED the veggie combo though. PERFECT! yum.

Sauce:
1 T cornstarch
1 C. vegetable broth
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 t. sesame oil (or veg oil)
1 t. ground ginger
1/4 t. ground red pepper

Dissolve starch in broth. Add remaining ingredients. Boil, then reduce heat. Simmer 5 minutes. (I just cooked in in the microwave!)

Veggies:
1 cup fresh broccoli
1 cup carrots, sliced thin
12 cup red bell pepper
1/2 cup sugar snap peas
1 onion, chopped (I didn't use onion)
2 cloved garlic, minced
2 T vegetable oil

Chop all veggies roughly same size. Leave them fairly big.

Stir garlic into oil in skillet. Add veggies and cook for a minute or two. Reduce heat, cover, and steam until veggies are tender, about 5 minutes (but not too tender! don't overcook)

Toss with peanut sauce to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment