What can I say, this soup ROCKS! I love it. My husband loves it. My company loves it. And my kids will actually eat it.
Ingredients: (to serve about 4)
bacon grease (I suppose you could just use butter)
4 to 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed (any kind)
1/2 onion, diced (more or less to taste)
1 stalk celery, diced (include leaves on top)
1 cup (or more) cubed ham
1 cup?? milk
salt, pepper and thyme, maybe parsley (to taste)
Cheddar Cheese
Method:
Saute onions and celery in grease until tender. Add potatoes and ham then cover with JUST enough water to barely cover potatoes. Boil until potatoes are tender. Mash with potato masher. (if you prefer thicker, smoother soup you could use imersion blender. I like a little chunks.) Add milk and spices and cook another couple of minutes. Stir in however much cheese you like. Remove from heat and let sit to thicken, unless you like thin soup. I serve it, then let sit it bowls. Thickens faster. Garnish with additional cheese.
2 years later...an update:
When I make this soup, I always add a cup or two of frozen corn, some chicken broth, and make a small amount (2 cups?) of white sauce (milk thickened with flour/butter) in place of the milk. This is Ella's 2nd favorite dinner.
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment