Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Street Tacos

This is our new favorite. We have it anywhere from once to 5 times a week, because it is so simple and good! We have invited just about everyone we know over for this dish, and everyone loves it.

Ingredients:
meat (chicken, beef or pork)
corn tortillas
tomatoes
cilantro
lettuce
lime juice

1. Stew any kind of meat (my favorite is chicken) in the crockpot all day, or until it shreds apart easily.
Take out meat, cut or shred, and return to it's juices to keep it moist. Add taco seasoning to taste. I sometimes add other things, too, whatever you like. (garlic, diced hot peppers, onion..) But it is good with just taco seasoning, too.
2. Chop lettuce, cilantro, tomatoes all small.
3. Cook tortillas slightly in a little bit of vegetable oil. MUST use corn tortillas. (don't over cook unless you like them crispy.)
4. Serve with lime juice (DONT forget the lime juice!)

2 comments:

  1. That looks so good. I didn't know you were still doing the food blog. I'll have to add it again. I just LOVE a good food blog....mostly because I don't cook so well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiff,
    Yeah, it's only been a year! My sister wanted some recipes, so I used this to post them for her. Then I thought it'd be fun to use it to share recipes with family, so I added a couple family members as authors and HOPEFULLY someday someone other than me will post something!! And I doubt it that you don't cook well!

    ReplyDelete