Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Spill the Beans Minestrone

Jolie gave me this recipe. I made it tonight and thought it was delicious. I found its even better after sitting for a while? I suppose you could always make it a crock pot meal too- Just add the noodles about 30 min before eating.  Excuse the cell phone picture- I couldn't find the camera. Atleast you got a picture, right? Oh, and dont forget to serve with SOME form of bread, this was a great dipping soup.


Spill-the-Beans Minestrone
1 T olive oil

1 medium onion, chopped

2 cloves garlic, finely chopped

1 c. chopped celery

2 14.5oz cans chicken broth

1 15oz can of Garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed

1 14.5oz can Italian style stewed tomatoes

1 15oz can Red Kidney beans, drained and rinsed

1/2 cup uncooked small shell-shaped pasta (I used and loved Ditallini)

1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning (1 tsp. if using plain tomatoes)

1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper

2 cups chopped kale, Swiss chard, or spinach (optional) (do it, though)

Grated parmesan cheese (optional)



In a soup pot, sauté onion, garlic, and celery in oil until translucent. Add broth, beans, tomatoes, pasta, and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10-12 minutes, or until pasta is tender. Stir in chopped spinach. Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment