Sunday, December 9, 2012

Banana Banana Bread

You read that right. Double bananas equals double flavor.

Recipe from allrecipes.com by Shelley Albeluhn

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 t. Baking soda
1/4 t. Salt
1/2 cups butter
3/4 cups brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed over ripe bananas
( I never measure my bananas. that would be messy. I just add them until it looks like the right amount. I haven't seen it make a big difference)
chopped walnuts, optional

in a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture, just until moistened. pour batter into greased 9x5 loaf pan.

Bake in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment