A couple of years ago I was at a friends house and had some of the best dinner rolls I've ever tasted. Of course, I insisted upon the recipe. Mine don't ever taste as good as hers do, but they are still dang good.
Recipe fills approximately 1 9x13 pan.
Ingredients:
2 eggs
1 c. Milk (mixture of half evaporated, half regular milk.)
1 half stick butter
2 T. Yeast (dissolved in 1/4 c. Water)
1/4 c. Sugar
1 1/2 t. Salt
4 c. Flour
cook or microwave the butter and milk together until butter is melted. cool just slightly while beating 2 eggs in mixer. add the butter mixture and yeast. mix well. mix dry ingredients separately, then add half at a time to bowl. Knead dough very well. Dough will be sticky. Let rise until double. Shape into rolls and place in greased pan. Cover and let rolls rise. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment