We LOVE crepes. You can put anything in them, it's so fun trying out different fillings. There are some tips you need to know to get them right if you've never made a crepe before. So read carefully.
Ingredients: (makes approximately 12 crepes in 8 inch pan)
2 eggs
1 cup milk
2/3 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons oil or melted butter
Pinch salt
Optional:
1 t. Vanilla
1 T. Sugar
Directions:
Mix all ingredients together with whisk. If desired, you can refrigerate batter for an hour or overnight, but I don't. Batter will be very runny. Heat non stick pan to medium high. I use an 8 inch Teflon frying pan. Because it's so non stick, I don't need to grease it, but if they stick just grease very lightly. For my 8 inch pan, I use a 1/4 cup measuring cup filled about 3/4 full and that makes a perfect thickness. You want the crepe to be very thin. Almost paper thin.
Ingredients: (makes approximately 12 crepes in 8 inch pan)
2 eggs
1 cup milk
2/3 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons oil or melted butter
Pinch salt
Optional:
1 t. Vanilla
1 T. Sugar
Directions:
Mix all ingredients together with whisk. If desired, you can refrigerate batter for an hour or overnight, but I don't. Batter will be very runny. Heat non stick pan to medium high. I use an 8 inch Teflon frying pan. Because it's so non stick, I don't need to grease it, but if they stick just grease very lightly. For my 8 inch pan, I use a 1/4 cup measuring cup filled about 3/4 full and that makes a perfect thickness. You want the crepe to be very thin. Almost paper thin.
When you pour the batter in, hold the pan in the other hand and quickly swirl it around the pan to just barely cover the whole surface, making a nice thin circle. The batter will probably have a few tiny lumps from the flour, but that's ok. They will cook out. Cook on one side for about a minute or two (notice how the crepe changes as it gets cooked through. Practice will tell you when you need to flip.) I use a rubber spatula to get under the crepe then grab it with my fingers to flip. Cook in other side 30 seconds to a minute. you don't want it to brown, really. Maybe just a little. It will get a little crisp on the edges. Perfect. You're done!
Filling ideas:
Berries (fresh or frozen, cooked)
Other fruit
Nutella
Powdered sugar
Pie filling
Whipped cream
Puddings
Anything you want!
Savory: eggs, cheese, cooked veggies
Filling ideas:
Berries (fresh or frozen, cooked)
Other fruit
Nutella
Powdered sugar
Pie filling
Whipped cream
Puddings
Anything you want!
Savory: eggs, cheese, cooked veggies
No comments:
Post a Comment