Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Chicken and White Bean Enchiladas

I can't think of a time I have ever disliked a chicken enchilada. There are so many ways to make them, and I change it up depending on my mood and what I have on hand. This is currently my favorite easy enchilada recipe.

Ingredients:
White sauce seasoned with chicken flavoring, garlic and onion powder
1/2 cup salsa Verde or tomatillo salsa (more our less to taste)
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1-2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded (leftover chicken works great)
1 can white beans, drained & rinsed
1 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
Tortillas

Directions:
Make seasoned white sauce. Add salsa and cream cheese. Reserve about 3/4 cup for topping. Add chicken and beans. Scoop mixture in middle of tortilla and roll up, closing both ends. Place in greased baking pan. Continue until you run out of filling, lining enchiladas side by side. (If you have more than you need, these freeze wonderfully, uncooked)
Top enchiladas with remaining sauce and cheese.
Cook at 375 for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment