Friday, January 30, 2009

Chicken and Rice Casserole

This is a very easy but still really yummy go-to one dish dinner! perfect.

Ingredients:
2 cups any kind of vegetable (broccoli is my favorite. Mixed veggies work good too)
1 cup dry rice
1 cup cooked and diced or shredded chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 1/3 cup milk or water
1 cup cheddar cheese (plus more for top)
1 medium onion OR 1/2 t. onion powder (I choose powder)
1/4 t. black pepper

mix in 9x 13 pan. Top with more cheese. (or you can add it after baking) Bake at 375 for 50 minutes or until the rice is tender. Let the casserole stand for 10 minutes.

Note: If I am in a hurry, I will throw the rice in a rice cooker while the chicken is cooking. Then I let the broccoli in the pan and cook in oven alone for about 10 minutes. That way once the chicken is done, the broccoli will be mostly cook, and the rice is done, so you can just throw everything together and cook until cheese is melted. Saves about half an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment