Friday, January 23, 2009

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

This recipe is from my Mom. Don't know where she got it, but it was on the menu almost weekly at our house growing up. I am glad to be putting it on here because my index card is so stained I can barely read it.

2 T marg.
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/2 t. garlic salt
1/2 c. sliced olives (opt.)
1/4 c. chopped green chilis (small can)
1/2 c. sour cream
1 1/2 cans cream of chicken (I use 3/4 of one big can and add the rest to topping)
1 1/2 c. cooked chicken
1 c. (or more!) shredded cheese
8 flour tortillas
1/4 c. milk

melt marg. saute onion and garlic salt. stir in chilis, sour cream, soup and half the olives. mix well. reserve 3/4 cup sauce.
To remaining sauce, add chicken and half the cheese. mix well. warm tortillas, fill with chicken mixture. roll up and place seam side down in 12x8 baking pan.
combine reserved sauce, milk and olives. pour over tortillas.
bake at 350 for 30-35 min. remove from oven and cover with remaining cheese and olives.

No comments:

Post a Comment